Monday 1 May 2017

More Garden Crafts...

Working at The Back Garden's family Gardening Sessions has had me scratching my head and thinking about garden crafts again.

I have hopped in and out of this area of interest and am always a mix of fascinated and disgusted.

I love the inventiveness of people turning waste into pieces of art but more and more often I find myself looking at something and just asking WHY?

Why are you putting that in the best growing site? Do you know anything about growing? Why are you using something that will contaminate your plants?

OR

That's not waste. Why are you wasting half the material on that? Why not reuse it instead of cutting it up?

Its a thin line between green arts and crafts and attractive waste disposal. I'm not sure where the line is and I'm permanently debating whether I should get into this corkscrew of a topic.

That said I did enjoy making this little guy so maybe I should just go for it.

Recycled garden bug

He may be getting a big brother soon........

Watch this space. Bx

No comments:

Post a Comment